8429Re: Bicygnals

  • adventureboyseven
    Mar 5, 2009

      > On 2009-03-05, at 2:18 PM, Andrew Kreps wrote:
      > >
      > > I still need to figure out exactly how to mount the units, and, well,
      > > develop some kind of idea about electrical engineering. :)
      > >
      > > The other thing I've been thinking about is developing a universal
      > > power pack for my big dummy. I have lights that require 5.5v, 3v and
      > > 14v, a horn that draws 12v, and the motorcycle system would also
      > > require 12v. If I can just have one battery on the bike to charge
      > > that runs all of the above, I'd be a very happy camper.
      > >

      > It might not be a practical suggestion, but you could toss all the
      > lights that you've got, buy some power LEDs, some aluminum flat-bar
      > stock, some epoxy, and a BuckPuck (power LED regulator), and have a
      > light party.
      >
      > I can't quite get excited about signals -- for me, that is just one
      > more thing to remember, and I know the hand signals, and I wouldn't
      > trust the cars to pay attention anyhow. So instead, I go for
      > PLENTY=ENOUGH.
      >
      > David

      I also feel signals are overkill. My plan is to hack a red rear flasher and mount the LEDs on the top of a flag and run the wires down the mast to a custom battery pack at the flags base. If they know you are there that is enough.

      When I ride I pretend that all the car drivers are trying to kill me, and that way nothing surprises me, and therefore I am safe to a larger degree.

      Motorcyclists get creamed by cars and trucks all the time and they have full lights, think about it.

      regards, Phil
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic