8426Re: [rootsradicals] Bicygnals

  • murray
    Mar 5 3:53 PM
      I think the biggest potentail problem with these is not in the design
      itself. As David said, no one expects turn signals on a bike so won't
      be paying any attention to them anyway. I find even using full-arm
      signals often go unnoticed because so few cyclists use them. With all
      the 'blinky' lights already in use on bikes out there I doubt anyone
      would even notice these.

      On 06/03/2009, David Chase <dr2chase@...> wrote:

      > On 2009-03-05, at 2:18 PM, Andrew Kreps wrote:
      >>
      >> I still need to figure out exactly how to mount the units, and, well,
      >> develop some kind of idea about electrical engineering. :)
      >>
      >> The other thing I've been thinking about is developing a universal
      >> power pack for my big dummy. I have lights that require 5.5v, 3v and
      >> 14v, a horn that draws 12v, and the motorcycle system would also
      >> require 12v. If I can just have one battery on the bike to charge
      >> that runs all of the above, I'd be a very happy camper.
      >>

      > It might not be a practical suggestion, but you could toss all the
      > lights that you've got, buy some power LEDs, some aluminum flat-bar
      > stock, some epoxy, and a BuckPuck (power LED regulator), and have a
      > light party.
      >
      > I can't quite get excited about signals -- for me, that is just one
      > more thing to remember, and I know the hand signals, and I wouldn't
      > trust the cars to pay attention anyhow. So instead, I go for
      > PLENTY=ENOUGH.
      >
      > David

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic