8425Re: [rootsradicals] Bicygnals

    Mar 5, 2009
      On 2009-03-05, at 2:18 PM, Andrew Kreps wrote:

      > I still need to figure out exactly how to mount the units, and, well,
      > develop some kind of idea about electrical engineering. :)
      >
      > The other thing I've been thinking about is developing a universal
      > power pack for my big dummy. I have lights that require 5.5v, 3v and
      > 14v, a horn that draws 12v, and the motorcycle system would also
      > require 12v. If I can just have one battery on the bike to charge
      > that runs all of the above, I'd be a very happy camper.

      It might not be a practical suggestion, but you could toss all the
      lights that you've got, buy some power LEDs, some aluminum flat-bar
      stock, some epoxy, and a BuckPuck (power LED regulator), and have a
      light party.

      I can't quite get excited about signals -- for me, that is just one
      more thing to remember, and I know the hand signals, and I wouldn't
      trust the cars to pay attention anyhow. So instead, I go for
      PLENTY=ENOUGH.