826Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Black Ice

  • Juergen Weichert
    Jan 14, 2007
      Twice a year is enough. When winter arrives, and when it goes away
      again. Some folks who want to fine-tune their rides more frequently than
      that (say on dry ice-free winter days) keep two sets of wheels with
      quick releases. One wearing slicks and the other wearing studs for the
      icy days. Swapping only takes a minute or two then if there is an icy
      day forecast.

      Juergen
      (I only make the change in the winter and spring)

      Bruce Alan Wilson wrote:

      > I should think that constantly changing ones tires every time there is
      > a warm or cold snap would be a pain in the a@@. (Of course, if you
      > live in the UP of Michigan, that's another matter, but here we have
      > sixty degrees one day and twenty the next.)
      >
      > Do they make tire chains for bicycles?
      >
      > Bruce Alan Wilson
      >
      > "The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other
      > forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle
      > remains pure in heart."--Iris Murdoch

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic