792Car-lite and assuaging an octogenarian parent's fears.

  • Bruce Alan Wilson
    Jan 5, 2007
      Car-lite and assuaging an octogenarian parent's fears.

      My 83-year-old father told me today that he is scared to death when I go out on my bike, apparently because I'm not encased in a steel cocoon.  Although I still have a car, I use it only when I must, and for most errands I use my bike.  How can I reassure him that I'm safe? (It doesn't help that I've had some minor spills lately; an occasional wipeout is part of biking life, but he doesn't see it that way.)

      Bruce Alan Wilson