7881Re: [rootsradicals] Re: ?- rain cover with tent poles PICTURES

  • Jennifer Logan
    Dec 12, 2008
      Thank you, Jay.

      On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Jay & Liz <lizjay@...> wrote:

      THe Two pole design is largely because of space and physics. An x design would be
      easiest to accomplish with the ends anchored at four different points. That's hard to do
      suspended in the air with no solid anchor point. With longer poles you could do some sort
      of x anchored at two points (on the bike) but it would make more of a rounded bubble,
      and be pretty stressful on the poles. Hence the two pole sleeved design. I used to be the
      buyer and outfitter for an outdoors school so I have seen my share of tents, this just
      seemed like the way to do it. We had considered a single long pole and spreader idea that
      might work well. I don't think Liz used anything special for the sewing.

      .

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic