740Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Surly Xtra-frame (Big Dummy)

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Dec 7, 2006
      I'm not messenger biking, but the xtracycle is the only bike I have. I
      guess I now think of ordinary bikes as belonging in the same category as
      sports cars. Wherever I go, I'm hauling something, even if it is just
      water bottles and rain gear. So, there's no point me keeping two bikes.
      The xtracycle is certainly the most comfortable way to haul my book
      and camera bags. I keep a dry bag in one of the freeloaders so my books
      and cameras are protected from sudden rain.

      So, someday I may be in the market for a Big Dummy. Guess I started
      constructing a Surly instigator-freeradical a year too early.

      Tone,
      If the Surly folks aren't reading this forum, they should. Whether they
      are or not, I suggest you email them a version of your letter below to
      let them know that if they ever do want a thorough day-to-day testing of
      a Big Dummy, you're the way to go. The fact that, through ordinary use
      not abuse, you've gone through a free-radical a year ought to be a good
      talking point.

      CL

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic