      I am rigging a tiny basket for the front of my bike that I will be using to hold a cup of coffee and a small tupperware of nuts. I need to get going on that project before it gets too cold -- nothing like a nice cuppa joe to warm your fingers on the morning ride.

      JJ
      who isn't a celiac, but is married to one and is the father of two.

      On Oct 2, 2008, at 4:47 AM, j.a. tackett wrote:

      be thankful you are not celiac...... .....wheat, barley and rye are in everything out there......
      i also have to stay away from cows milk and cheese...... ....so planning to take for food on trips takes a bit of planning ............ .....

      --- On Wed, 10/1/08, Dane Buson <Zuvembi@unixbigots. org> wrote:
      From: Dane Buson <Zuvembi@unixbigots. org>
      Subject: Re: [rootsradicals] OT:MealPack
      To: "rootsradicals rootsradicals" <rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com>
      Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 11:17 AM

      On Sep 30, Devian Gilbert tripped the electrons lexically so:

      > today a buddy shared part of his food bar
      >
      > http://www.mealpack .com/
      >
      > its awesome!  and not too expensive.
      >
      > my last trip, i was eating snickers bars.
      > a 48pk at Smart & Final is about $22
      > 280cal each bar... (but of course its candy)
      >
      > seems like the Meal Pack is better nutrition, and not too terribly expensiv e.

      I went and looked at the site, and it looked interesting. Until I
      noticed that the first or second ingredient for every one was milk.
      Since I'm a Lactard, I'll just have to stick with Clif bars or
      PBJ/bananas/ etc.

      Bummer.

      --
      Dane Buson - Buson@unixbigots. org
      "Yeah, she's beautiful, but you can't find her IQ with a flashlight."

      JJ Ark

      "We used to say if a frog had side pockets, he'd carry a handgun." - Dan Rather, Election Night, 2004

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic