7216Re: gas shortages in SE USA

  • Philip Chase
    Oct 2, 2008
      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Morgan" <mcgurme@...> wrote:

      > Yep, we're in the thick of it. Lots of gas stations have their
      pumps bagged up.
      > Check out this video from Atlanta of gas lines there (taken from a
      bicycle!):
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U01djSaI9c
      >
      > Anyway, this has definitely raised awareness here for people
      thinking about alternatives.
      > A good thing IMHO.
      >
      > But, soon the shortages will be over, and it will be just
      business-as-usual, until
      > the next time.
      >
      > Morgan

      And if you don't idle your engine you can't run your A/C. Life is
      hard for the box bound.

      I have put so much mileage on my bike recently that I didn't believe
      my odometer at first, but I did the math and it's right. I think I
      drove my car to work once--maybe twice--since school started in
      August. You really rack up the mileage when you don't use the car.

      I think it's time to ditch the parking sticker at work. :-)

      Philip
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic