6600Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Rohloff

  • Tim Lupfer
    Sep 6, 2008
      On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 6:16 AM, Philip Chase <philipbchase@...> wrote:
      > OK I was willing to ignore this when only one person said it, but now
      > I am hearing an echo of the long-brake-cables-are-a-problem theory. I
      > respectfully disagree. As of yesterday my BD has logged 1050km while
      > my Avid BB7 cable-actuated brakes have not caused any problems. Five
      > months of riding on my FreeRad bike before the BD were also devoid of
      > all brake cable problems.

      I didn't say claim any "problem" with cable brakes. In fact, I didn't
      even mention cable brakes in my post. I said that hydraulic brakes
      work especially well. I have used bb7 brakes on an xtracycle and they
      stopped fine. However, the lever feel was spongy and they required
      more frequent adjustments for cable stretch and pad wear. They also
      needed a lot of winter maintenance to combat the sludge covered
      Minnesota roads that I ride on.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic