6597Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Rohloff

  • Mark Garvey
    Sep 6, 2008

      On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 6:16 AM, Philip Chase <philipbchase@...> wrote:

      I am now having occasionally indexed shifting on problems on my BD as
      the LBS predicted, but it took about 800km.  The brakes have been great.

      HEH!  you just helped prove my point there Phil!  I am a bit of a retro grouch I know.  I don't LIKE Index shifting!  I have friction shifters!  if the cable stretches, you never know until it won't shift into the lowest gear.  Ta Daaa!  My point is made, I have made my contribution!   the less complex a piece of equipment is, the less likely to fail!

      I am trying to make up my mind whether to convert my old Schwinn Typhoon to an X and keep the 2 speed Bendix hub on it!  Talk about nice!  A low gear for starting and up hill, a higher one for flats....downhill is coast!  Very comfy fat tire cruiser ride!

      mark
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic