6533Re: [rootsradicals] Re: new here, townie pea pod question

  • Abigail vR
    Sep 1, 2008
      Thanks for your reply. The key turned out to be a combo of finding
      just the right spot for the ATB bracket and not following the
      installation instructions to the letter. If I did, I couldn't get the
      seat in position once the bracket was in place. I had to attach the
      seat to the bracket earlier than suggested and wiggle stuff around as
      I tightened. It's on, though, and my 2.5 year old loves it!

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/abigailvr/2817874691/

      Now I just need to figure out if his big brother needs some sort of
      seat and/or restraint back there. He's pretty good at hanging on and
      I don't plan to take him on long rides, just to school and back and
      maybe errands.

      Thanks again!

      Abigail

      On Sep 1, 2008, at 1:07 PM, nicykathryn wrote:

      > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Abigail" <abigailvr@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi All,
      > >
      > > I just picked up my Townie Xtracycle and have been having a devil
      > of a
      > > time getting the Pea Pod attached to the back. I can't seem to find
      > > the magic spot for the ATB bracket so that the Pea Pod can reach the
      > > locking brackets without it sitting on the Snap Deck...
      >
      > I had similar trouble with my 18" Motiv Al (aluminum frame). Finally,
      > my Pea Pod just hovered less than an inch over the snapdeck, and I got
      > used to dodging my heels just so, so they would not snag on the black
      > thumbscrew things.
      >
      > I considered turning the thumbscrew things (the "locking brackets"
      > right?) to face inward, but it would have meant bending the PeaPod
      > stays. After having used the Pea Pod for 3 years frequently, I'm sure
      > I could have done that with no affect on strength/stability.
      >
      > Those PeaPods are STRONG. Go ahead and be creative.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic