6004Re: Snapdeck Kidseat pics

  • stoutag
    Aug 8, 2008
      I took measurements from a number of different strollers and accounted
      for the rough age range I wanted this to work for, and how those
      strollers are known to work for varying ages.

      Consequently off the top of my head, I believe the dimensions worked
      something like this.

      Interior seat width ~11-11.5"
      Interior seat back to where legs bend approximately 10"
      Seat back height ~19" at the highest point

      I think total length was something like 28-29" if I remember correctly.

      After having used it for a month I don't think there's anythink I'd
      really change as far as form factor goes. Currently I run the bigger
      kid in the back, but once he has the maturity to consistantly keep his
      feet on a set of bar ends and out of my pedal path, I'll scoot the
      whole thing back about 2.5-3" and have him ride up front with bar ends
      for foot rests.

      Those dimensions were also intended to provide some room for the pads
      we made which are 1" of open cell foam with 1/4" of close cell foam on
      the bottom pads, and just the 1" thick open cell on the seat back.

      I would in retrospect probably change the contour of the side panels
      on the front seat to match the rear partially for asthetics and
      partially to make it easier for front kiddo to splay legs if need be.

      Hopefully that helps.

      Someplace we did some plan drawings with dimensions with the intent of
      taking a picture and posting for others to use. Perhaps I'll actually
      dig those out after we get back from our trip and post them.

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Lloyd" <dave@...> wrote:
      > Stoutag:
      > Can you post some details about the rough dimensions? I could
      > probably figure it out from there but since my X hasn't arrived yet I
      > have zero ideas what the dimensions should be.
      > I have to say again that you've made quite the family truckster out of
      > your bike. I'm quite envious, especially with the rain cover you now
      > have.
      > --
      > --dlloyd
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic