5870Re: my chain skips

  • fredpinto.geo
    Aug 2 4:49 PM
      I couldn't find the OP message, but besides the chain tensioner, there
      are some rear derailleurs that allow some tensioning on their own as
      well. My X'ed Gary Fisher has a Shimano STX RC that has two sets of
      internal tension, low and high. Of course the derailleur has to be
      fully disassemble in order to be set to the high tension position, but
      it might be worthy googling it to find out if the OP derailleur has
      this option. When I was installing my freeradical kit I decided to do
      it since I expected that the chain would move vertically much more
      than before, and I believe I was right. But after the adjustment I
      have no problems with the chain slipping or jumping out.
      Regards,
      Fred
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic