5551Re: Redline bike frames?

  • brian
    Jul 18 5:15 AM
      I just finished building a ss mountain bike last night. I built it
      from an old rockhopper frame and mostly parts I had laying around
      except for wheels and a stem and handlebars. I spent close to 300
      bucks. I have been seeing those redline monocogs on craigslist for
      400 to 450 I'd say 350 is a great deal.

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, michael kestner <kest918@...>
      wrote:

      > That's a deal! Monocog's are well respected entrylevel singlespeed
      bikes. I was looking hard at them before I bought my X. You're not
      going to be able to beat that price either.

      etc., but I am looking into buying a decent bike for my wife to use
      and for me to have as a back up on occasion. Anyway, a local shop
      has what they say is a deal on a Redline frame. The Redline brand
      name sounds vaguely familiar, and I seem to recall that name being
      related to BMX bikes. Does anyone have any knowledge of Redline
      bikes? Here are the specs the shop listed:

      > New '08 Redline Full chromo 17" frameset bike,
      > Single Speed Monocog,
      > SS specific frame w/ horizontal dropouts,
      > 135mm rear spacing (is 135mm pretty standard for MTBs, or might I
      have issues swapping wheels from other MTBs?)
      > Disc-brake,
      > 26" wheel size,
      > Sealed cartridge bearing hubs.
      >
      > They said they upgraded it with Tektro disc brakes and they are
      selling this one only at just a few dollars over cost for a selling
      price of $350.

      > Any help, advice, suggestions would be appreciated. THANKS! J
      > Ride safe,
      > _TONE_

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic