5545Redline bike frames?

    Jul 17, 2008

                  I already have a Big Dummy for my own daily riding, etc., but I am looking into buying a decent bike for my wife to use and for me to have as a back up on occasion. Anyway, a local shop has what they say is a deal on a Redline frame. The Redline brand name sounds vaguely familiar, and I seem to recall that name being related to BMX bikes. Does anyone have any knowledge of Redline bikes? Here are the specs the shop listed:

      New '08 Redline Full chromo 17" frameset bike,

      Single Speed Monocog,

      SS specific frame w/ horizontal dropouts,

      135mm rear spacing (is 135mm pretty standard for MTBs, or might I have issues swapping wheels from other MTBs?)

      Disc-brake,

      26” wheel size,

      Sealed cartridge bearing hubs.

      They said they upgraded it with Tektro disc brakes and they are selling this one only at just a few dollars over cost for a selling price of $350.

      Any help, advice, suggestions would be appreciated. THANKS! J

      Ride safe,