5254Re: [rootsradicals] Dummy news

  • Tim Lupfer
    Jul 4, 2008
      MSRP on an Instigator frame is $410
      MSRP on an Instigator fork is $100
      A freeradical kit will be nearer $500 for the next batch

      That's $1010. A Big Dummy with bags will probably be somewhere around
      $1300-$1350. Having ridden both, I'd gladly pay twice the difference.

      I think where the freeradical really shines is in its ability to
      reinvent old frames. My favorite setup was with an 80's Ross mountain
      bike that I pulled out of the dumpster. It rode much better than the
      Instigator, and at $500 versus $1300 the cost argument is more
      compelling.

      On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Victor Khong <victorkhong@...> wrote:

      > Given the price discrepancy between a Surly Instigator with Free Radical and a built-up Big Dummy, its easy to see how the market will choose.

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic