5167Re: Snapdeck Kidseat pics

  • alexbknight
    Jul 2, 2008
      Hi,
      very nice!
      More details on the construction please.
      I see what you did with the P-clamps, this is to ensure a solid
      connection between (un) snap deck and the V-racks. How did you join
      the 12mm ply together, is this just glued if not what kind of
      fasteners, it looks clean. Maybe just post another photo of a close
      up of the inside of one of the seat would be enough.

      Thanks again for posting this, it gets me a little closer to my 2 kid
      set up...

      Well done

      Alex

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "stoutag" <thestouts@...> wrote:

      > We used some industrial stainless p-clamps from the bottom side and
      > set tee nuts from the top of the deck.
      >
      > We used 12mm marine grade plywood, a lot of stainless steel
      fasteners.
      > The shoulder harnesses are from our chariot trailer and we sought
      out
      > the same brand of buckles so we can in a moment swap them back and
      > forth between the bike and the trailer. The sunshades were my
      wife's
      > idea as we had one of them from our deuter kid comfort pack. She
      had
      > the idea of buying a second one and making sleeves for each seat so
      > that they are height adjustable. It works very well at keeping the
      > sun off their heads core bodies.
      >
      > They had a bit of a hard time napping on our first longer ride with
      > it, I think mostly because there's so much more visual stimulus on
      > this setup than the trailer, but successive rides they seem just as
      > quick to konk out as they were in the trailer.
      >
      > I'm running 2.25" Schwalbe Marathon XR's at balloon bike pressures
      > (~25-30psi) and it seems to smooth out the ride better than the
      > chariot trailer's suspension did.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic