478Re: [rootsradicals] Re: New Xtracycle experience

  • todd fahrner
    Aug 1, 2006
      On Aug 1, 2006, at 2:09 PM, alexbknight wrote:

      > Hi Todd,
      > I've been going through some of the old Forums on Xtracycle and you
      > have a post with a handlebar mounted child seat on an electric bike.
      > (2003!)
      > This is mounted high on the bars so doesn't seem to get in the way
      > of the legs.
      > Do you have a reference for this one?

      That (http://todd.cleverchimp.com/bike/cp/scale.html) is a Bobike
      Mini seat, made by Dremefa of the Netherlands. They manufacture the
      Peapod as well, known as the Bobike Maxi.

      > Also, now that I start to have a bit of experience I am deciding how
      > to change the bike.
      > First place to start is obviously the wheels, but I am thinking that
      > the best bet might be to buy a heavy duty mountain bike (downhill),
      > that is one size too large for me, and then put on some back curved
      > handlebars that you are all on about?
      > What do you think, what would be your ideal if making a new X?

      I'm working on a more complete description in the form of a blog post
      on this subject, but for now I'd recommend (not a complete list):

      - Surly Instigator frame with Surly 1x1 rigid fork, 170mm cranks,
      Titec Hellbent layback seatpost, Schwalbe Big Apple tires, 2.35"

      - Surly Karate Monkey frame/fork with 26" disk wheels, 170mm cranks,
      Schwalbe Big Apple tires, 2.35"
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic