389Re: [rootsradicals] kids and trailers

  • BlueFrogPrpleDog@aol.com
    Jul 4, 2006
      In a message dated 7/4/2006 6:12:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      merlin@... writes:
      Keeping the weight forward makes a big difference in handling. This
      is my main advice. And the passenger to keep pretty still / tell you
      before moving about.
      This is a REALLY good point! Since I ride with my four grandkids, my
      four-year-old likes to spin her head and joke around, sing along with, or talk to
      her siblings when they are behind us, or are passing (note, though: rarely is
      ANYONE "behind" ol' fat granny here -- in fact, when I pass someone I proudly
      announce "barely passing on the left) :0) ...... anyway, it does cause us to
      wobble a bit, but I just stay constantly prepared for her to do that, with a
      firm grip, and I make sure she knows when we're about to turn, cross a
      street, hit a bump, do a hill, or anything else for which she should be prepared
      to be still and hold on tight. It's a lot easier for me to let her know when
      she shouldn't move, shift, or turn her body than it is for her to try to be
      still so it doesn't happen. We try to be prepared for each other and work
      together like a team -- just like on a tandem and we do have a blast!
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic