388Re: [rootsradicals] Anybody using a Peapod?

  • BlueFrogPrpleDog@aol.com
    Jul 4, 2006
      Hi Diane:

      I ride my 4-year-old granddaughter on my snap deck without a peapod and we
      do just fine. I was wearing a backpack for her to hang onto, but have
      installed the stoker bars to my seat. We've done some long-distance riding and
      carried everything you can think of on a variety of terrains and she's just fine
      no matter how many turns we make or bumps we hit. Her rump does get sore on
      long rides so I added a pad to the snap deck for her to sit on. She's 46
      pounds and will be five later this month. She's pretty tall for her age, too,
      and has been riding her own two-wheeler with no training wheels since she was
      barely four. So, if your 4-year-old is rugged and adventurous, I'd say go
      for it, it works fine, but if they're a little more timid, they may like the
      security of the peapod. Happy riding!

      In a message dated 7/3/2006 7:33:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      diane@... writes:
      I just got my Xtracycle and I love it -- go grocery shopping, do errands,
      pop a kid on and

      My problem seems to be the Peapod when my son is in it. He weighs 40 lbs.
      When I put the
      Peapod on pre-Xtracycle, the bike's handling and steering got *very* twitchy
      -- the idea of
      having a slight curve, let alone making a turn, was very scary. I thought
      the situation would
      improve when I put the Xtracycle on, but it hasn't.

      So my questions are:

      * Does this happen to anyone else? and
      * Do I really need the Peapod for my 4-year-old? Or should I just get a
      handlebar for back
      there and let him sit on the SnapDeck.

      Any advice appreciated,

      You're getting this message because you signed up to be an Xtracycle roots

      ride to believe.
      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic