3596Re: [rootsradicals] A solar Bike - Has anyone seen or heard of this??

  • Mark Garvey
    Apr 1 3:45 PM
      Yeah, that has been around a while. I have used solar power panels on my bikes from time to time. My panels are in need of minor repair right now, but it is interesting.  Mine are flat and will fit on a small trailer that I have or could mount on the snapdeck.  I have a couple 12V panels that would be ideal for a snapdeck mounting to charge a lighting system or something.  It is cool to ride a bike to work with power assist, park it outside and let the panels soak up the sun, then at the end of the day, you go out to the bike and the "gas tank" is filled up!  automatic!  Very cool!  I am waiting to see what happens in the e-assist world of batteries and photovoltaic cells!

      mark

      On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:37 AM, kwikfile08 <kwikfile08@...> wrote:
      Talk about green!
      http://www.evworld.com/news.cfm?newsid=11808

      The article was from the folks over at Treehugger.com

      Anyway - It looks like if an X with freeloaders were mounted they would block the Solar
      Panels in the rear and affect performance of the charging system.

      I love this dawning of technology - People are "Rolling" in the right direction!

      Namaste'

      Carl

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring. –Desmond Tutu
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic