3518Re: [rootsradicals] Tire recommendations?

  • Mark Garvey
    Mar 25, 2008
      I got some nice Kenda tires 2.125 wide that look much like teh old balloon tire bomber tires of long ago.  They were a whim purchase from Nashbar for like $8 a piece.  I stuffed them into my frame and they are remarkably nice.  I don't think they are all that much slower than any other tires I have used, though my Primo Comets are lighter and hence faster.  As far as durability goes, I have no idea!  The Primos were not bad and these appear to be MUCH better durability wise.  But I have only about 50 miles on them so far!

      mark

      On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 11:52 PM, kwikfile08 <kwikfile08@...> wrote:
      I have started commuting 20 miles each way. In city riding pretty much  industrial-urban
      with lots of debris anything from broken glass, screws, rubber pieces like tires, cv boots...
      you get the picture. Here in Southern California. Basically  little or no rain, no dirt. Though I
      will go off-road on occassion for non commuting trips. I was looking at the schwabes? XR
      350? I am concerned about flats and durablity.

      Thank you,

      Carl

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring. –Desmond Tutu
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic