2927Re: tires

  • Morgan
    Feb 4, 2008
      Hi Brian,
      I've seen those reviews on MTBR, and I'm not sure what's up with those - maybe there was
      a bad batch. I've been using the Conti Town + Country tires for about 4 years now, and I
      have not had a single flat that could be blamed on the tire (the only flat I've had was due
      to a broken spoke that punctured the tube from the inside out). I ride over gravel, glass,
      dirt, pavement, curbs - you name it. I don't use the tires for hard core offroad, but I do
      use them for just about everything else. Everyone else I know who has tried them also
      likes them and has had a positive experience. I seem to get at least a few thousand miles
      out of a pair, so their durability is good too.

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "brian" <laplander@...> wrote:
      > Thanks everyone for your advice, I tried to get some schwalbe
      > marathons but had a hard time finding any, I had a set of
      > continental town and countries in my hand today but kept thinking of
      > some reviews that I read online about some quality issues so after
      > reading TONE'S advice I ordered a set of avocets. I should have
      > them in a days. Thanks again
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic