2899Re: [rootsradicals] tires

  • murray
    Jan 31, 2008
      I've just got a new set of tyres myself today. I'm sold on big fat
      freestyle tires. I did want to try some big apples since everyone
      raves about them here, but proved to difficult to get hold of down
      here in New Zealand.
      I find freestyle tires have everything I need for the X. The set of
      tires I've just replaced after 12000 kilometers of mostly loaded
      riding were Geax Tattoos
      http://www.geax.com/vedit/pagina.asp~pagina~1904

      and this time I've replaced them with Maxxis Hookworms
      http://www.maxxis.com/products/bicycle/product_detail.asp?id=160

      reasons I like them? Comfortable ride, they are made to withstand high
      pressure and extreme punishment, and they look freakin cool.

      On Feb 1, 2008 5:07 PM, Devian Gilbert <asanacycles@...> wrote:

      > you want Continental Town and Country tyres 2.1, with Slime inner tubes
      >
      > honestly...
      >
      > that set up ROCKS! i ride my xtra a ton, every day, hauling bunches of
      > junk.
      >
      > and typically they are about $30 ea. i like that...and they are available
      > all over the place.
      >
      > i vote for Conti's
      > http://cgi.ebay.com/TIRE-BIKE-26X1-9-MTB-CONTINENTAL-TOWN-COUNTRY-2-PCS_W0QQitemZ160061742075QQcmdZViewItem
      >
      > peace...d
      >

      > On Jan 31, 2008, at 7:27 PM, brian wrote:
      >

      > I'm almost finished building up my new x, and I need to replace the
      > knobby trail tires with something roadworthy. I need some that are
      > fast and will hold up a decent load for touring. I'm planning on
      > using this bike for everything( long distance touring, camping,
      > grocery shopping, riding to the coffee shop, commuting to work, etc)
      > I've noticed a lot of people use big apples, I've been considering
      > them, but would like to here some suggestions before I buy them.
      > thanks-Brian
      >

      > "Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the human
      > race." H.G. Wells
      > http://www.AsanaCycles.com

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic