2338Re: [rootsradicals] Minor snapdeck problem solved

  • Jeff Youngstrom
    Dec 2, 2007
      On Dec 1, 2007 8:55 PM, David Chase <dr2chase@...> wrote:
      > Over time, my snapdeck has started sliding forward (into the looser
      > position) until it could sometimes pop out on a bumpy road. I had
      > some Gorilla Tape (extra-sturdy duct tape), and ripped it into little
      > strips, and put them on the inside of the aluminum rails. When the
      > snap pieces slide behind the tape, they don't slide forward anymore,
      > and seem not to pop out nearly so easily.

      I was having a similar problem and solved it by positioning the deck
      with the clips overlapping the freeloader where it wraps around the
      v-racks. No motion since and it doesn't seem to be doing the
      freeloaders any harm. Your tape solution would give more flexibility
      of where to stick the deck, though. Nice.

      jeffy
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic