2334Re: [rootsradicals] Re: brothers, dogs, and xtras

  • Devian Gilbert
    Dec 2, 2007
      awesome!
      that is exactly what i had in my head
      probably some kind of stray photo-memory synaptic loop thought goin round and round in my noodle
      and wow!
      of course...just use coroplast
      i use to use coroplast for R/C Glider stuff
      i could go all out on it
      make a nice box like that, and line it with carpet or something

      my brother's dog, Ranger, i think is about 30lbs
      i think i can make this work

      as Surly has tugged at my heartstrings yet again
      this time with the Big Dummy being in "military green" as i think it was stated in the Jenson USA website
      i say, "OD Green" (olive drab)
      i simply want to build up a new rig

      perhaps cannibalize what i'd have left from my current rig
      or maybe just give dylan my current rig
      once the BD is done.

      On Dec 2, 2007, at 12:37 PM, murray wrote:

      I haul my dog in a custom made box which is the same size as the
      wideloader. Maybe it's just my dog but she doesn't move around much at
      all. If your going to carry a dog on a bike I recommend a small breed.
      My girl is a fox terrier / basenji cross and only weighs about 7.5kg
      which happens to balance with my camping gear just nicely. She can't
      jump into the box easily which was a good thing when I was training
      her. She can jump out if she 'really' wants to but the high sides make
      it difficult for her... but she is happy to sit and wait in there
      while I shop etc.
      http://www.flickr. com/photos/ 84834610@ N00/425711459/ in/set-721576000 58035927/

      On Dec 3, 2007 8:43 AM, Devian Gilbert <asanacycles@ mac.com> wrote:

      > i like the bikes at work trailer
      >

      > On Dec 2, 2007, at 11:34 AM, akyramoto wrote:
      >

      > I've also done this - when I need to haul ALL of my dogs. I have a
      > border collie mix ( 50lbs ) a rott mix ( 100lbs) and a pit/shepard
      > puppy that was about 20-30lbs at the time.
      >
      > I was using an instep take2 kiddie trailer - with a large varikennel
      > tied to it ( using a ratcheting tie down of course).
      >
      > the dogs rode really well. although you did have to stand with the
      > bike to make sure that when they move around it didn't knock the bike
      > over. or rather throw it into the air! lol since it's connected at the
      > back of the X.
      >
      > it worked well - I will probably get a bikes at work trailer in the
      > future for the dogs.
      >
      > http://i20.photobuc ket.com/albums/ b250/akyramoto/ 2080907503_ 1b92b93933. jpg
      >
      > http://i20.photobuc ket.com/albums/ b250/akyramoto/ 2081693100_ 1421cccefa. jpg
      > --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, Anne Littlebird <issumatuq@. ..>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Keep working on him Devian. I've tried for years with my little sister
      > > but now with a 4 year old and another on the way it's not likely to
      > happen.
      > >
      > > Now I just get to work on the 4 year old so when he's ready we can do a
      > > tour together! AT thei point he thinks I'm cool because I can tell the
      > > difference between a Lamborghini and a Ferrari!
      > >
      > > Devian Gilbert wrote:
      > > >
      > > > i mean, WHILE MOVING.
      > > >
      > > > that is, you pedal
      > > > go up hill
      > > > dog jumps out, runs along side
      > > > and hops back in at the top of the hill
      > > >
      > > > I've only seen it once
      > > > a guy touring thru Monterey
      > > > i was impressed
      > > >
      > > > i think he had an Australian Cattle Dog
      > > >
      > > > these things run thru my mind in effort to entice my brother to go
      > on tour
      > > > leave LA and see something
      > > > breath fresh air, etc
      > > >
      > > > he rides a good solid 100miles/week commuting
      > > > and has never had a drivers license, so his whole life he's been on a
      > > > bicycle
      > > > however, he has yet to experience life on the ramble
      > > >
      > > > daily obligations keep him tethered to the townie life
      > > > but i keep concocting idears to liberate
      > > > as his enthusiasm grows, i hope its just a mater of time.
      > > >
      > > > peace...d

      > bike

      > > --
      > > Anne Littlebird