2311Re: [rootsradicals] The Eagle Has Landed!

  • Morgan Scherer
    Dec 1, 2007
      Speaking of bike accidents...

      I got to provide worry and spectacle for folks yesterday when my front
      fender stay came loose, got caught in my spokes and precipitously
      stopped my bike as I was going 18 mph. I got flung over the handlebars
      and landed on my head/shoulder in the road. Thank goodness for helmets!
      My helmet is cracked through and thoroughly scuffed. I was unconscious
      for a while, as when I came to I heard the sirens approaching (a
      spectator had called 911). Luckily, I'm fine. Sprained shoulder and
      wrist and bruised, but that's all! My bike's fork is all bent up
      though. Luckily I wasn't on the X with the kids (although, no fenders
      on Xena, so it couldn't have happened anyway, lol). The sunset that
      night was particularly beautiful, coming home from the hospital after my
      brief brush with mortality.

      Moral of the story: I don't think I'll go on a ride anytime soon
      without checking my fender and rack stays for adequate tightness!

      Morgan Scherer

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic