2306Re: [rootsradicals] Re: The Eagle Has Landed!

  • Devian Gilbert
    Dec 1, 2007
      yee haw!
      you are well on your way

      congrats on the new rig!

      peace...d

      On Dec 1, 2007, at 2:23 PM, tda0818 wrote:

      Thanks, Mark. I'll shoot you an email.

      As for the issue of getting my X home, I just rode it home! Three
      friends and I rode from the bike shop to my place. One of them is a
      competitive road cyclist, and he knew all kinds of backroads routes.
      Traffic was no problem.

      It was a semi-hilly, windy 10-mile ride, which I'm pretty proud of
      myself for completing, considering I'm nearly 40 and they're all,
      well, not, and they were all on megabuck road bikes and I, well,
      wasn't, and I haven't been on a bike in 10 years.

      They definitely took it easy on me, but, hey, I did all the pedaling
      myself. My daily commute and grocery-getting will be nothing compared
      to that ride.

      Pics on Flickr and Facebook, soon.

      Woohoo!

      --urbino

      --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, "Mark Garvey" <lazybee45@. ..> wrote:

      > The chain has not been a problem for me, but if it worries you you
      can make
      > something out of a skateboard wheel (E-mail me for directions if
      you want)
      > to keep the return side from bouncing around or check a recumbent bike
      > supplier for them. heck, I may even have a couple of old WizWheelz
      idlers
      > around.
      >
      > Transporting. I lashed my e-assist X to a standard bike rack on the
      back of
      > my Mitsubishi Mirage coupe and hauled it home from work one time due to
      > complications in schedule. Even with the 8 lbs of motor on the rear
      end (I
      > put the battery inside the car) it traveled OK for the 7 mile trip. Be
      > careful, but you can do it that way if you like. And my rack is nothing
      > fancy, picked it up ar a garage sale for $5.
      >
      > mark

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic