1983sloppy shifts

  • Todd Reed
    Nov 1, 2007
      Howdy all,

      I don't know that this is a strictly Xtracycle related problem. There's probably lots on the list who would know how to fix this though. I've got a Bridgestone MB-1 frame with my Xtracycle on the rear. It's a nice solid retro Cro-Mo mtb frame with classic dimensions, or so I've been told. I've got a Shimano XT rear derailleur and Deore XT thumbshifters. My chain is slipping from gear to gear in back and it's become a source of great angst for me.

      I recently installed a new rear 7-speed cluster and Shimano chain set since the chain had stretched and the cogset was pretty old. The performance of this new setup leaves something to be desired. Nothing like a chain slipping from gear to gear after a shift to give you that uneasy feeling. I would guess the bike ship sold me some knock-off rear cog, but perhaps it also has to do with the long chain length with the Xtracycle.

      More than anything on a bike I really appreciate having a solid drive-train that's predictable and trouble-free. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions how I can achieve this on my bike.

      Thanks in advance for any tips.

      Todd

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic