1794Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Two questions...

  • Mark Garvey
    Oct 5, 2007
      On 10/5/07, Tone <Tone@...> wrote:

                  By the way, if you are curious about my current aluminum bike frame, which has held up with the Xtracycle so well, it is a Univega FS I bought when it was new in 1999 or so. What may definitely contribute the frame's durability is its "phat" top and down tubes. There are definitely photos in the Real-Loads gallery on the Xtracycle site in case anyone is wondering what I mean by that. Just look for the only Xtracycle rig with Aerospoke 5-spoke carbon-fiber wheels. J If that does not make it clear enough, most of my photos also have a red-brick wall as a background.

      I have LONG admired that particular bike!  VERY VERY classy!  and I totally agree with you that the Xtracycle is like the MOST IMPRESSIVE component and most bloody minded useful thing out there!  I have never been a courier, not do I, at 54 wish to be.  You guys are phenomenal examples of human development!  I can't IMAGINE what it takes to ride a courier bike in NYC!  I am intimidated enough when I ride on the more busy streets of Cedar Rapids, Iowa!

      I am keeping a close watch on my frame, and my X just to be sure it doesn't crack!  Maybe a TIG welder could repair the crack!  that would at least help get you through!  I don't think that I could live without my X now that I have it!   Well, obviously I COULD, but it would not be easy!

      Anyway, I have written enough. Have a good weekend everyone… I just finished a great first week at my new job! Woohoo!

      Ride safe,

      _TONE_

      Love to hear your stories!

      mark