1547Re: [rootsradicals] Handlebars

  • Mark Garvey
    Sep 8, 2007
      Hit the LBS and ask about compatible stems and different bar shapes!  I have one stem (which for various reasons I don't care for , but that is beside the point!) that has a pivot that allows the stem to be changed from a down low and forward to nearly vertical!  About a 5 or 6 inch difference in bar altitude.  I like rather high bars myself!   I also like those ASANA  "H" bars!  I NEED a set!  I don't stand up on the pedals much, but the whole idea of GOOD. and comfortable  bars is nearly an obsession for me!  right now I am running a flat bar with a slight rise (a couple of inches maybe) and extensions which put my shifters (bar cons) out in front of me and the brakes  and power assist switch on the main bar.  I like to change position when I ride to help avoid numb fingers.

      mark

      On 9/7/07, akyramoto <akyramoto@...> wrote:
      My roomie just bought a mountain bike ( she plans to put an X on it),
      she got a great deal on this bike, but she should've really bought a
      'comfort' bike or a Townie.  The bent over position is too hard on her
      back.  I thought that maybe we could just find her new handle bars
      with it least a 2" rise in them, but i can't fins anything!!

      if anyone knows where I can look @ a selection of handlebars that
      would be awesome!!

      thanks!!

      ride to believe.