1507Re: how to carry the x on a minivan

  • Derek
    Aug 31, 2007
      Thought I had replied to this earlier but didn't see it show up, if it
      does twice, my apologies :)

      I just bought a fold up utility trailer to haul my super long x's.

      Not close to finished, but I loaded up some bikes on it here just to
      give an idea. Trailer cost was $240 on sale a local hardware shop.
      1200 lb max payload.

      http://www.bikerubbish.com/photos/august2007/oh4.jpg

      I'll have some better photos and shot of it folded up as well soon at

      http://www.bikerubbish.com/bikey

      It's a pretty handy little unit....

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Garvey" <lazybee45@...> wrote:

      > Well, a couple of tips maybe, think about a small utility trailer,
      it can
      > carry luggage as well as a bike rack, you don't have to hoist the
      bike up
      > top every blinking time you have to load it up and it is FAR more secure
      > than a rear carrier! either that, or put the bikes inside and let
      the kids
      > ride up top or on the trailer! 8-D
      >
      > mark
      >
      > On 8/30/07, sunny keach <sunny@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > So untill recently I had no need to carry my x on my van, because
      I rode
      > > the x instead of
      > > driving, but a family vacation is coming up and we are to all
      bring our
      > > bikes,
      > > how do you carry an x on a van, I need to leave the back rack for the
      > > other 4 bikes we will
      > > be bringing so I need to go on top of the van, I am planning on
      buying and
      > > stretching out
      > > a regular stand up roof mount rack. My bike has got fenders and disc
      > > brakes, and I don't
      > > want to remove my wheel everytime I throw it up there.
      > > thanks sunny
      > >

      > > You're getting this message because you signed up to be an
      Xtracycle roots
      > > radical.

      > > ride to believe.
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > Putting the fun in dysfunctional for over 50 years!
      >

      > Mark Garvey
      > Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!
      >
      > Check out the web site at:
      > http://www.vine-ave.com
      >
      > contact us to have INVISIBLE INC! appear at your next program!
      Details at
      > www.vine-ave.com
      >
      > I am a bicycling lifestylist!

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic