14951Re: Blog post - Hauled a 1st Gen plasma TV to goodwill

  • Larry Baranski
    Mar 18, 2014
      The Achilles heel of xtracycle loading is out-of-balance loads. I think every owner would give up their wide loaders after spending some time with a sidecar. It ain't perfect, but the sky is the limit in terms of load and the weight penalty is acceptable enough for me to leave it installed at all times. Last summer I hauled: a lawn mower, 80 lbs of mulch, three other bikes (one was a trike) and a full size wheelbarrow. Not all at the same time mind you!

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic