14802kickback with cane tips, success story

  • David Backeberg
    Sep 17, 2013
    A while back on this list, there was a discussion about the tips of the kickback getting crushed, and the metal tube not being a very good kickstand once that happens.

    The same thing happened to me. The symptoms were uneven kickstand, and on concrete the bike didn't stay put as well as it used to.

    I made it to the local "older persons store" in town and picked up some Medline Guardian Signature G30581-PC black cane tips. Found these in a two-pack for $8.95 plus tax. They slid on great, have a nice tight fit on the tubes, and the matte black matches the black tubes well. These look to me like they came that way from the factory.

    Attaching some pictures. Thanks for the idea, people who suggested this!
  • Show all 3 messages in this topic