14677Re: Step-thru frame on a freerad

  • anthonyeberger
    May 13, 2013
      I've been riding the step-thru I built for my wife a few years back. It's on a old Mixte frame and has been fine. I broke my foot and can't "kick" off on a bike currently so a step thru was the ideal way to go. Having the Xtra to carry my crutches has allowed me to keep riding and still get around once I'm off the bike.

      We did Cranksgiving on this bike last year. Two guys please about 50lbs of groceries. It has flex but nothing unmanageable. I'm even running it with a 700c front and 26 rear (internal 8 Alfine)

      Tony B.
      Milwaukee WI

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Sam Knight <knightscape@...> wrote:

      > Hi folks, I'm wondering if anyone can comment on how well a stepthrough
      > frame works as the base for a freeradical? I'm specifically looking at the
      > 2010 Fuji crosstown 1.0 that Nashbar has on sale as a frame swap for the
      > trusty AL cruiser frame my xtra is based on now. My main concern is that
      > it would be like riding a wet spaghetti noodle when loaded up. But I'm
      > thinking the convenience of a total step through would be nice when
      > mounting with my kid in the yepp mini up front or the maxi on the rear.
      > Thanks for your thoughts.
      >
      > -Sam

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic