      From: "kiltie_celt" <kiltie_celt@...>
      Sender: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 20:42:54 +0000
      To: <rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [rootsradicals] Re: Alternative snap decks

      I'm in Chicago, and there are certainly no shortage of plastic suppliers around here. If I end up going this way rather than using the wood deck I've already almost finished, I'd rather go with a product made from recycled materials like either the fascia boards or recycled HDPE. There's a place near Chicago that manufactures one of the many decking lumber products made from recycled HDPE, so I can probably call them and at the very least see if I can score some scrap pieces or something.

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, gear.head@... wrote:

      > If you are looking to do a plastic snap deck there is all kinds of cool materials out there in the industrial world. Try your local plastic material distributor. I live in SoCal, we have Coast plastics (sales@...). The owner is Matt also a bike guy / gear head of sorts. He may have some remnants for a reasonable cost just ask.
      >
      > Sean

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic