14504Re: [rootsradicals] strengthen my back wheel...

  • Neil Travers
    Dec 16, 2012
      I believe the normal advice is to get a hand built or hand tensioned wheel as it apparently makes a huge difference from the standard factory line produced wheels.

      It's also probably true that a 26" would be inherently stronger. But I would point out the Dutch and Danes regularly take children and freinds on the back of standard 27" bikes.

      Neil.

      On 16 Dec 2012, at 18:25, Maaz <maud.aptekar@...> wrote:

      Hello,
      I am using my xtracycle to transport my kids. I have a 700c bike with touring bike tires. It was all going well, and we LOVE it but the rear wheel seems to suffer from too much weight. The spoke are breaking!
      Has anyone some tips on how to make it stronger or suggestion on getting a stronger rear wheel?

      Thanks!

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic