14416Re: [rootsradicals] What is your favorite non-Kickback kickstand?

  • Pete B
    Nov 15, 2012

      The limitation is not the stand, rather it's the mounting plate...
      I fitted a heavy duty chinese steel kickstand after breaking successive different aluminium ones. Instead of the stand breaking, the mounting plate itself slowly tore away from the front cross tube.
      Go with a cheap alloy stand and replace it if (when?) it breaks. That way the point of failure is not your Freerad and will only cost you a $15 stand.

      IMHO the Kickback is definitely worth the money in the long term...

      On Nov 16, 2012 5:40 AM, "kiltie_celt" <kiltie_celt@...> wrote:

      Title says is all. If you don't want to pay $150 for a center kickstand, what would be your favorite choice? I don't imagine the stand that comes with the base FreeRadical kit is any good at doing anything other than holding up an unloaded bike, so I'm considering heavier duty center stand options for my build, because I can't afford the $150 for the Kickback. At some point I can probably go to the local maker-space and tool up a kickback knock-off at some point. I guess the major issue is the weight capacity of non-Kickback center stands.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic