14395Re: Towing bikes with xtracycle

  • Andrew
    Oct 26, 2012
      I'm in the process of building up a Yuba Mundo and like the idea of the tow tray. I checked some details with Yuba and they said that if towing 2 bikes of the same wheel size there can be an issue with the handlebars getting in the way of each other.

      No doubt there's a way to work it so it can work with with 2 bikes with the same size wheels, but it will need some thought and adjustment.

      In the end I decided I'm already over budget some and to have a go at making some running boards with slots to accommodate towed bike wheel. Yet to do that though. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to make some similar running boards with slots for an Xtracycle.

      I did stretch to some Yuba wheel skirts which will hopefully protect the freeloaders from frame and parts rub.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic