14374Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Newbie 1st post: Think the EdgeRunner will be a game changer for

  • Sean
    Oct 18, 2012
      If you do not find one, it may be the opportunity to learn how to lace a wheel. I just learned how a few months ago. I have been wrenching on bikes for many years. Now that I know how,  I wished I had learned sooner. I have been a wheel building fool lately. If you can follow basic directions you can build a wheel, it is truly not that hard. I use the Sheldon Brown method online. Just google "wheel building Sheldon Brown". He has a step by step instruction page for just about every popular lacing pattern. Spokes are generally less than $1 each if you buy a full set. You can build exactly what you want that way. You might also try your local bike co-op for assistance lacing a wheel. The bike oven in LA does wheel building classes periodically for free. Most bike co-op's have a large selection of good used wheel parts as well very cheap.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Oct 18, 2012, at 7:39 AM, Jon Schroeder <JonSchroeder@...> wrote:

      Quick question:  Does anyone sell a geared hub motor laced to a 29er front wheel?  Thanks, I have a Karate Monkey front fork on my Xtra rig.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic