14343Re: hauling the bike on road trips

  • Kate and Rob Hanson
    Aug 12, 2012
      I've used a inexpensive Thule rack hack for several years with success. I have two Thule trays, and I added a 16" section extension of 3" PVC pipe ripped in half, secured with two seat post binder bolts drilled through the Thule tray. I relocated the wheel strap to the extension section. The whole thing is easily removed when not needed (or in frustration after banging your head on the hatch back that doesn't open quite as far with the longer rack in place).

      Love to ride,

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic