14336Re: [rootsradicals] hauling the bike on road trips

  • David Forbes
    Aug 10, 2012
      On 8/10/12 12:40 PM, maestra_mela wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I recently added a Free Radical to my Specialized Globe and love it for local hauling of toddler, groceries etc. I am trying to figure out how to haul the bicycle on road trips? I have a Subaru Impreza...any rack suggestions? Do I need a truck to haul my bike-truck?
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Melanie

      It's a bit too wide to fit across the rear end, so a trunk rack won't
      work. You could fake it by removing the front wheel and rotating the
      fork around, but you'd have to be careful of sideswiping things with it.

      A roof rack will work, but it's going to take a couple people to get it
      on the roof.

      I'm still thinking about how to get mine to Burning Man. I'm probably
      going to throw it on top of the camper trailer.

      --
      David Forbes, Tucson AZ
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic