14322Re: [rootsradicals] Fender Options

  • gear.head@verizon.net
    Jul 30, 2012
      I have run the planet bike ones on my freerad and now on my big dummy and they work great. I too did some mods to tweak the mounting to my preferences.

      From: Brian Livelsberger <livelsbe@...>
      Sender: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:48:03 -0400
      To: <rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [rootsradicals] Fender Options

      I don't know which others may or may not fit, but I have Plant bike SpeedEZ and they fit just fine.

      To get them to mount on the FreeRad I flipped the rear supports (the rod from the bottom hole is now in the top hole, the rod from the top hole is now in the bottom hole). I had no trouble hooking it up, and I have plenty of clearance with Serfas Drifters (26 x 2.00). I think you'd be just fine.

      On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 1:53 PM, jedwin2012 <jedwin2012@...> wrote:

      Putting the final touches on my Trek/Xtracycle build and went with the Schwalbe Big Apple 26x2.35 tires. Now I'm hoping to get fenders that will fit and the largest seem to be the SKS P65 Black Fenders 26"/65mm which claim to fit between 1.75/2.25. Has anyone tried these on the 2.35 big apples? How about Planet Bike Cascadia 26'' ATB Fenders 60mm? I'm new to the world of fenders and not sure how much play and wiggle room I have.

      Any comments or suggestions (maybe just run fender free) would be greatly appreciated.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic