14236Re: [rootsradicals] Electric Assist Big Dummy

  • Steve Fuller
    Jun 7, 2012
      On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM, thaddeus_block <thaddeus_block@...> wrote:

      Hi All,
      I am building up an XL Big Dummy with xtracycle racks/flight deck, and adding an electric assist system by way of front wheel hub motor.

      considering a 48V system which has a large flat battery pack.

      Anyone in the group have clever ideas of where to mount the rather large battery packs?

      I'd normally consider something up front to balance the weight a bit better, but the weight will be up high and slow your steering response. How heavy is the battery pack?

      Other spots I'd consider are the flat tube behind the bottom bracket on the "seat stays"

      Steve
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic