    From: phaedrus at yahoo <yahoo@...>
    Sender: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 10:23:53 -0500
    To: <rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com>
    ReplyTo: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [rootsradicals] Tagalongs (was Re: Cheap Stoker Conversion For Dummy)

    The discussion regarding ways to carry kids has talked a bit about the ability to carry them while napping.

    When my kid gets a bit bigger and can talk, I like the idea of transitioning her to some sort of tag-along type device so she can pedal too.

    However, I have two concerns:

    * How does one affix a tagalong to a cargo bike?

    * If we're going longer distances or a there-and-back ride and the kid wants to sleep, how do I keep them from falling off?

    I think this might address the second issue (http://www.rei.com/product/808195/weehoo-i-go-trailer-bike) with its more recumbent-seat position and straps on the pedals for the feet.

    Does anyone have experience handling the first problem?

    The only other concern I have is concerns regarding the low-slung behind-my-bike profile and wondering if auto drivers are more likely to hit her.  More horror than concern really.

    Anyway, I'm thinking one or two of these to address that:

    Not so aerodynamic, but pretty and visible...

    - phaedrus
  • Show all 6 messages in this topic