14088Re: [rootsradicals] mountain Klein / free radical

  • Rick
    Apr 3 7:40 AM
      The OLD should be correct with a Klein mountain bike frame... NEVER spread an aluminum frame.

      Your FAP should attach fine to the chain stays in the area John mentioned. If you don't have a chain stay bridge (a welded piece of steel btw the two stays, perpendicular to them) then you'll most likely need an additional FAP that you can order through XC.com or your dealer.

      Cheers,
      Rick

      On Apr 3, 2012, at 8:36 AM, johnw wrote:

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "bert" <bertmbartsch@...> wrote:

      > Will my old mountain klein frame with square chain stays be a good frame
      > to build on?

      My understanding is the only things that are necessary, is 135mm Over Locknut Distance (sometimes referred to as the OLD) and a hard tail.

      Because, the FreeRadical bolts behind the bottom bracket, where a kickstand is usually located, and at the dropouts, I wouldn't think that the shape of the stays would be an issue.

      I have heard that if the OLD isn't wide enough, that the stays could be spread (carefully).

      Disclaimer:
      I am not a professional wrench. I am an Xtracyle owner, did my own installation.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic