14087Re: mountain Klein / free radical

  • johnw
    Apr 3 6:36 AM
      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "bert" <bertmbartsch@...> wrote:

      > Will my old mountain klein frame with square chain stays be a good frame
      > to build on?

      My understanding is the only things that are necessary, is 135mm Over Locknut Distance (sometimes referred to as the OLD) and a hard tail.

      Because, the FreeRadical bolts behind the bottom bracket, where a kickstand is usually located, and at the dropouts, I wouldn't think that the shape of the stays would be an issue.

      I have heard that if the OLD isn't wide enough, that the stays could be spread (carefully).

      Disclaimer:
      I am not a professional wrench. I am an Xtracyle owner, did my own installation.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic