      From: "poppamando" <b4kids@...>
      Sender: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 02:07:40 +0000
      To: <rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [rootsradicals] rear wheel?

      Folks, I have a several year old Trek 4300 as the base for my X. Over the last year or so, I've popped at least 3 spokes on the rear wheel. My LBS owner (who sold me the Trek and assembled the X) tells me it's because the stock spokes are inferior and he recommends I get a new rear wheel with stronger rim and spokes. As I'm fairly ignorant about buying wheels, I could use recommendations for a strong wheel that won't break my bank account. I only rarely carry more than 100 lbs on it (child plus groceries), but commute about 5 miles round trip through all kinds of weather and over rural RR track crossings (3 tracks with a good deal of "bump" to each track).

      Thanks in advance,
      Phil

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic