13983Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Tires for Big Dummy

  • Neil Schneider
    Feb 8, 2012
      Andrew Kreps wrote:
      > On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 23:07, Edward Hensley <edwardhensley@...> wrote:
      >
      >> The Marathon Extremes sound great, and I need new ones for BD, but I find
      >> them only at UK sites. Any in the US?
      >>

      > Your US connection:
      > http://www.universalcycles.com/search.php?q=schwalbe+marathon
      >
      > I ran a pair of Supremes for about 2,000 miles. The rear was quite toasty
      > by then, though the front still has more life. No flats. I'm partial to
      > Universal because they're Portland based which means I can pick up
      > in-person. Nice folks, but less LBS than some prefer.

      Wow! I am on the third year running a set of Marathon Supremes and somewhere
      around 6-8,000 miles and still going strong. I'm surprised you only got 2,000
      out of a set. They have a reputation of longevity and that has been my
      experience. Longest lasting tires I've ever had.
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic